The Housing Alliance of PA, Hunger-Free Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations, Pennsylvania Alliance of YMCAs, and United Way of Pennsylvania are proud to co-host a Virtual Town Hall Series this summer for key state leaders to speak with nonprofits about COVID-19 recovery and their partnership with the nonprofit sector. Each town hall will be a moderated question and answer session with each leader.
In our third conversation, a panel of the partnering organizations led by Sheila Christopher, Executive Director of Hunger-Free Pennsylvania, will moderate a Q&A with Secretary Redding of the PA Department of Agriculture. The discussion may cover:
- Bureau of Food Assistance (state and federal food and nutrition assistance program waivers and/or funding due to COVID-19)
- Measures taken to ensure the safety of the food supply chain (livestock, dairy, produce, etc.)
- New procedures for restaurants, including inspections
- Agricultural trade restrictions
- Effects of COVID regulations on the PA economy
- Impact of COVID on the implementation of the PA Farm Bill